Grab Bag

Today is a complete mixed bag of cards to show you!  We're getting down to the bottom of the box of cards I've yet to post!

This first card is one I'm pretty sure I'd seen somewhere (probably Pinterest) and wanted to try for myself.  I used the Nellie Snellen Cherry Blossom embossing folder to create the background and then punched an assortment of tiny flowers.  Which I then individually edge-inked and rounded with a ball tipped stylus.  Because that's the sort of thing I consider gainful employment.  I glued them on and put rhinestones in the center because c'mon.  Rhinestones!


This card was a happy mix of a roll of MT washi tape and a sheet of floral vellum (Tim Holtz I think) that matched perfectly!  I cut those letters with the Tim Holtz Alterations dies and machine sewed them on.  The leaf die cut is a cut-file, downloadable from Wilna Furstenburg, cut on my Silhouette.


Next, a fast and simple card using supplies from one of my kit club packs.  Gold foil thickers can do no wrong!  Anywhere.  Anytime.


And these last two are cards that I used to demonstrate a stencil/embossing technique for a class at Love is in the Details, way last summer!  I taped the stencil securely onto a sheet of white cards stock and run it through the Big Shot with the rubber pads.  Leaving the tape in place I then used sponge daubers to apply distress ink in a variety of colors.  This part needs to be done carefully and sedately so as not to shift the plastic stencil and get color where you don't want it.


This was actually a really fun technique that I should try again!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts